Welcome to 2021! Here’s hoping that this year brings you only the best!
However, as much as we complain about 2020, some good things happened in the past year. The thing I am most grateful for is this community, which started the first weekend of 2020. Thank you so much for being a part of it. We ended up doing things a lot differently than I imagined we would when we got started, but all in all I think it worked out pretty well. I hope you do too.
Here are some tips to help you stay healthy and motivated in the coming year:
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning. It will set you up to stay hydrated all day long. Try to drink at least the equivalent of half your body weight (in ounces) throughout the day.
- Get moving. Walks are a great way to get you (and your pets) a few extra steps each day.
- Set a goal of trying one new thing a month. With so many how-to videos on the internet, we can virtually teach ourselves how to do anything. How about trying some different forms of staying active, like yoga, stretching, strength training…there are so many options!
- Get outside and experience nature. Even if you go out for only 5 minutes, a little fresh-air goes a LONG way. Being out in nature has been shown to improve your mood.
- Create a sleep routine. Unplug from electronics at least 1-2 hours before going to bed. Sleep helps our health in so many ways, so try to make sure you set yourself up for a restful night.
- Start a gratitude practice. Set the tone by writing down three things you are grateful for each day before you go to bed.
If you would like some more tips for staying healthy while working from home, check out this article from Forbes.com.
And if you would like to learn more about how to get more active in 2021, I encourage you to join me in January for the BELIEVE in YOU workshop. We will talk about how to develop a new plan, stick with it, and make it FUN! You can register here.
Wishing you all the best in 2021!